Rental Policies | Beach Bums Destin
1. Age Requirement: Reservations will only be accepted by adults over the age of 25. All rental reservations must be accompanied by an adult 25 years or older. You will forfeit any advance rental fees if this rule is not abided and you will be evicted from the premises.. A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST BE STAYING IN THE UNIT AT ALL TIMES. with any persons under the age of 25. In accordance with Florida State Statute 509.141, RESERVATIONS MADE UNDER FALSE PRETENSE ARE NULL AND VOID AND CHECK-IN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. This policy includes reservations made by parents or guardians who do not check in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay. NO EXCEPTIONS! Partying or under aged drinking will NOT be tolerated and will be evicted with no refund.
2. CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS; NO CHARGE-BACKS: A credit card number will be kept on file at the time of booking. By signing this document, you agree that any charges to your credit card for amounts due per the above-stated rental policies are non-refundable and cannot be reversed by your credit card company; said charges and/or disputes shall be settled solely between you and Beach Bums Vacation Beach Vacations, Inc., and shall not be adjudicated by the credit card company. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals reserves the right to hold a valid credit card on file until the unit has been cleaned and provided that the following provisions have been met: No damage is done to the unit or its contents beyond normal wear and tear. No missing items are identified while completing the unit's inventory checklist. Unit is left reasonably clean. Those units left in an abnormally dirty manner are subject to deductions from the security deposit for a deep cleaning. All debris and/ or garbage is removed from the unit and placed in the proper receptacles. All dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. No charges are incurred due to collection of rent or services rendered during your stay. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure. All pool bracelets are left in the unit upon checking out. Place all towels on the bathroom floor prior to departure. All towels and linens will be counted upon departure, and you will be charged for any missing or damaged items. To avoid extra cleaning charges, be sure to turn on the dishwasher, take out the trash, and leave the condo in an orderly condition. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals reserves the right to charge additional fees to your credit card for excessive damages.
3. Check-In: Guest check-in STARTS at 4:00 p.m. unless prior arrangements are made with the management of Beach Bums Vacation Rentals, LLC. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals will do our best to have your room available as close to the check-in time as possible. Unavoidable delays may occur due to maintenance or cleaning issues. During peak seasons and holidays, there is a possibility that a unit will be delayed for check in. We greatly appreciate your patience as we are working hard to ensure your property is properly cleaned and meets our quality standards. In most cases, you are able to use the property amenities until your unit is ready for arrival.
4. Check-Out: Check-out time is at 10:00 a.m. CST. All late departures will be charged a late checkout fee equal to at least 1/2 a day rental. Please be respectful of these times as cleaning/maintenance crews are required to follow strict scheduling. Departure instructions: please put dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start it. Put all the dirty towels in the bathroom shower/tub. Take out all the trash. Dispose of all food in the refrigerator. Set AC on 74 degrees, or heat on 68 degrees. Turn off all lights and appliances. Lock all doors and windows.
5.Initial Payment/ Balance: We require a 30% pre-payment of the total rental amount due including applicable taxes at the time your reservation is made. Advance payments are applied towards the total rent amount. The balance of your rental is due in full 30 days prior to check-in and will be charged to the credit card on file without prior consent. Refunds will not be given for late arrivals or early departures. Rental rates are subject to all state and local taxes.
6. Payment Methods: We accept the following credit cards: Visa/MasterCard/American Express/Discover.
7. Taxes: State of Florida sales tax is 7% and county tax is currently 5% in Okaloosa County and Walton County. Total tax due on all reservations less than 7 months is the same as stated above. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals will collect and disburse taxes to the State and County levels on all reservations. Taxes are subject to change without notice.
8. Cleaning Fees: Cleaning fees will be charged on all reservations regardless of the number of nights reserved. This fee covers the cleaning of the condo upon your departure. Please adhere to the departure guidelines, as housekeeping is scheduled to arrive at 10 a.m. on your departure date. If the unit is left damaged or unusually messy you will incur additional charges that will be determined by management. Housekeeping service will NOT be provided during your stay.
9. Linens & Supplies: Linens and an INITIAL supply of toiletries (trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels and face soap) will be provided to all guests. The guest will be responsible for purchasing additional toiletries (toilet paper, trash bags, soap, etc.).
10. Smoking: ALL UNITS ARE NON-SMOKING. Violation of the No Smoking policy will result in immediate eviction and loss of rent. You may smoke on the balcony (outside) of your unit. Please extinguish ashes in appropriate ashtray, container, etc.
11. Pets: Absolutely NO PETS are allowed except in our pet friendly units.
12. Owners Closet: Most properties have locked closets that are off limits to guests. These closets/spaces are used for owner storage. Interference with these locked areas is strictly prohibited and violation of this policy will result in additional charges to you along with possible criminal charges.
13. Maintenance: The property owners and management work hard to ensure that the rental property and amenities are in place and in good working order. Management will be available to handle all issues for non-emergency and emergency related maintenance issues. *Note that non- emergency issues, that are reported after business hours, will be addressed the next day.
Emergency examples (include by not limited to): Power failure, major leaks, AC/heat inoperable, door code inoperable.
Non-emergency examples (include (but not limited to): Lightbulb out, battery replacement, toilet/shower clogged when there is a secondary bathroom to use. Management will strive to have the problem repaired as soon as possible. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, plumbing, internet service, etc. **Please note** If you report a maintenance issue and it is deemed that nothing is wrong with the appliance or item you are reporting, you will be charged for the service call from either our maintenance group or the service contractor.
14. Disturbances: Guests causing excessive noise, or any disturbance will be asked to leave immediately with no refunds of rent or security deposit. There are to be no house parties. No grilling on decks. No use of fireworks. No unauthorized guests. No towels hanging on the balcony or items left outside of the unit in the public walkway area.
15. Cancellations: Guest will have an initial (48) hours from time of booking a reservation to cancel with no penalty. Cancellations (30) days or MORE prior to your arrival date will receive 100% minus a $125 cancellation fee. Cancellations (30) days or LESS prior to your arrival date will forfeit all money paid thus far with the inclusion of a $125 cancellation fee.
* Your vacation reservation is an investment and we highly recommend seeking out and purchasing travel insurance. There are many variables that could come up that would impede your travel plans. Beach Bums is not fond of having to retain all of your forfeited payments, upon cancellation, so please consider this protection. At this time, we do not offer travel insurance. Please notify us as soon as possible if you need to cancel your reservation.
16. Monthly Cancellations: Cancellations for monthly rentals made more than 90 days prior to arrival date will forfeit the initial deposit paid upon booking. No refunds will be given for cancellations made 90 days or less without the prior purchase of the Travel Protection.
17. Door Code Access: Please keep your assigned door code easily accessible throughout your stay. If an incorrect door code is entered multiple times, it will shut the system down for 15 minutes or more. Should you call management, after hours, to request a new code, in lieu of waiting for the door lock to reset, there will be a $ 65 charge for such services. If it is determined that a maintenance issue occurred with the door code lock, management will be happy to assist with no charge.
18. Unit Assignment: We reserve the right to change unit assignments. When you book a reservation for a specific unit , you will occupy that unit, unless there is a situation beyond our control. Examples for room changes: owner of unit sold their property and unit will not be with our management company, for your dates, maintenance issues that renders the unit uninhabitable ….major leak, AC system down, infestation. If a change becomes necessary, we will readily take action to move you to the closest, comparable unit, without prior notice. We will then make every attempt to contact you to notify you of the situation and any options you may have. Note that current rental rates will apply if your decision is to upgrade. If you decide to cancel instead, no refunds will be given.
19. Primary Renter Responsibilities: The primary renter is considered the name of the person on the reservation in this agreement . Primary renter is responsible for ensuring that both themself and all of their guests, whether they are registered in the rental unit or not, adhere to the rules and regulations affecting the building and/ or community in which you are staying. If an issue arises during your stay, that requires contact with management, only the primary renter will be allowed to discuss any matters. Should the primary renter enlist a secondary party, to address management, that person is required to have submitted a payment on the reservation and have a credit card on file.
20. Liability: The renter acknowledges that management, property owners, and employees do not carry personal liability insurance and cannot be held responsible regardless of fault, for any accident, loss, damage or injury suffered by the renter, members of their party or any other guests which the renter or their party have allowed access to the property, regardless if said loss is a result directly or indirectly from acts of god, danger incident to the sea, any body of water, fire, breakdown of machinery, equipment, acts of government or other authorities, delays or cancellations of or changes in itineraries or schedule or from acts of omission of any airline.
21. Loss/Damage: The renter will release and hold harmless all parties involved with the rental, management, and reservations of the property and to release and hold harmless its owners or representatives for any loss or damage to personal property or for any injury and/or death. The renter further agrees to hold harmless Beach Bums Vacation Rentals, LLC for any accident, injury or death that occurs on Beach Bums Vacation Rentals, LLC premises or any property that we rent.
22. Personal Items Left Behind: Beach Bums Vacation Rentals, LLC is not responsible for lost or misplaced items. However, if we are notified or if an item is found within a reasonable time, we will be glad to ship it to you at your expense. We use Pak Mail for the returning of your items and their shipping charges not affiliated with Beach Bums Vacation Rentals.
23. Amenities: All our rental properties have fully equipped kitchens, coffee pots, color TV's, microwave ovens, DVD players, central heating and air conditioning, an iron and ironing board, and linens and towels that are to be used in the unit only. It is prohibited to rearrange furniture. You should bring your own beach towels or other beach necessities with you. A washer/dryer is provided either in the unit or on the premises. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals cannot be held responsible for maintenance issues within the common areas of the property.
24. Internet Access: Internet Access is provided in our units. The Internet is provided by a 3rd party contractor. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals is not responsible should the internet become unavailable during your stay. We will, however, work with the providing vendor to try and resolve the issue as quickly as possible. No refunds will be awarded for interruptions or lack of internet during your stay.
25. Rates and Extended Stays: Rental rates fluctuate throughout the year. Only the rates for the current day are guaranteed. For security purposes, we do request booking your reservation be conducted on our website, online. We reserve the right to correct rates that may have been misquoted due to human and/or computer error. If you decide to extend your stay, the current published rates will apply.
26. Property protocol: It is the responsibility of the guest to report any damage to the unit within 24 hours of check-in to avoid additional fees. Guests who report damage or loss at the time of check out will be held accountable for missing or damaged items. Guests are responsible for the property, its contents, and themselves during occupancy. Guests must lock windows and doors securely when not on the premises. Guests understand that exceeding the maximum occupancy will result in forfeiture of rent and eviction. Rearranging the furniture and removing anything from the unit is prohibited and the restaging of property will result in guests being charged for an amount to be determined by Beach Bums management. Renter is not to attempt to repair anything on their own. Tampering with appliances may result in further damage and guests will be charged accordingly. If a guest calls a repair person on their own, Beach Bums Vacation Rentals will not be responsible for the charges.
27. Maximum Number of Guests: The allowable occupancy for the rental property is based on the following sleeping arrangements: 2 persons per bedroom, 2 persons per sleeper sofa, 1 child/small adult per twin/bunk bed. Guests who exceed the maximum occupancy are subject to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all rental payments.
28. Subletting: Units may not be sub-let. Sub-letting will result in immediate eviction and loss of prepaid rents.
29. Construction: Beach Bums Vacation Rentals has no control over construction in or around the areas or on the property location. We cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience due to construction or unavailable amenities. No refunds or relocations will be given.
30. Beach Access: The Gulf area is prone to hurricanes. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals cannot be held responsible for change in topography or beach access to the area in which you are staying.
31. Advertising Accuracy: Beach Bums Vacation Rentals strives to accurately describe each property either verbally or by pictures. We cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies on our main website or on 3rd party websites in these descriptions or pictures.
32. Weather and Mandatory Evacuations: As much as Beach Bums Vacation Rentals wants you to have a sunny, warm, perfect vacation, we cannot control the weather or the ocean tides. If you decide to leave early ,or come in late, because of the weather, there will be no refunds or adjustments of your reservation.
No refunds will be given unless a mandatory hurricane evacuation order is issued by the local authorities. Refunds will only be given for the dates of the mandatory evacuation. If you cancel your vacation immediately after the mandatory evacuation has been lifted and the area is accessible you will forfeit all prepaid rents. If you choose to leave your stay due to inclement weather, there will be no refund of rent. Rescheduling or refunds for mandatory evacuations is left to the sole discretion of Beach Bums Vacation Rentals and will be on a case by case basis.
33. Property Date or Unit Changes: Renter has a (48) hour window after booking, to change the property and/or dates. After this strict time frame you will need to cancel your reservation , rebook and incur a $125 cancellation fee.
*Beach Bums Vacation Rentals will not accept cash or personal check at check-in .
34. Damage Protection: The mandatory damage protection fee is protection for you and your guests for reported accidental damages to the property you occupy during your stay. This covers accidental damage, that may occur, to the property you have rented, up to $1,500. Accidental damage MUST be reported while in house. It is the responsibility of the guest to report any damage to the unit within 24 hours of check-in to avoid additional fees for damages during their stay.. Guests who report damage or loss at the time of check out will be held accountable for missing or damaged items. Damages that are deemed intentional or excessive in nature, will nullify this coverage. If damages are detected after your departure, you will not be covered and will result in the relative charges be charged to the credit card on file. To clarify: this is not personal injury protection, for any travel issues, or anything other not directly pertaining to the property and its contents.